• Page:

TOPIC: tuffeau

Re: tuffeau 11 years, 2 months ago #7

• jonmel
From that you say Thumper it would seem to be rather easy to carve , but I honestly cannot recall hearing of a carving in "tuffeau" ,,,,,,,, are there any carvings of tuffeau in the Chateaus or Churches ?

Re: tuffeau 11 years, 2 months ago #8

• User
there are lots...at the church in montresor there are numerous headless saints carved in tuffeau ,originally they had heads but lost them in the revolution,yes the stone statues were beheaded in the revolution.........not by guillotine though I suppose

Re: tuffeau 11 years, 2 months ago #9

• User
..........any tuffeau for sale from your garden?

Re: tuffeau 11 years, 2 months ago #10

• Thumper
Hi 36. Was this addressed to me? Regret to say, I need all the stone I can get, with various projects on the go, but it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find more.

Where abouts do you live? There are loads of semi-derelict cottages around us (and some for sale if anyone's interested!) but I guess it must be the same elsewhere in the Loire region. Why not try to find out if your local farmer has a barn or something like that he'd be prepared to let you dismantle? Next time you're out on a drive, keep your eyes open and make a note of anything that looks unloved, uncared for and beyond hope, and then contact the Marie. It could be worth the effort.

Re: tuffeau 11 years, 2 months ago #11

• User

Re: tuffeau 11 months ago #12

• Ditsylass
  • Just popping in
We use paraxi nhl 35 mixed with water and size 2 sand , also sometimes mix stone dust in to match colour of the stones
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Featured Listings

France Network

Sign in with Facebook
You are here: Forum