Election!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Election!

Election! 1 month, 1 week ago #1

Hi all just a note to remind you that you need to be registered to vote. As you are probably aware the postal vote is useless and you need to register and vote by proxy. See www.gov.uk/get-on-electoral-register

Re: Election! 1 month ago #2

It seems that another of the Conservatives pledges in the last election have gone by the way. I had an email from our so called MP saying that the allowance of voting by expats was to be amended to permanent. Well its another pledge gone. It is still only 15 years so as we did not register whilst in the UK for a short time several years ago we no longer have the vote.
I am now seriously concerned for the UK and it NOT being the UK. The conservatives have gone too far to the right and I am guessing that the UK is going to suffer now. Out goes the stopping of tax increases. More benefits to be "looked at". The poor now will it seems be subject to increased costings, Macron has confirmed "Calais" will move to Dover and that there will be no "soft" Brexit although I am told that UK expats in France will be treated exactly as they are now but not new ones.
The world is in a turmoil and that is not good, many politicians wanting to put their mark on the world. One only has to look at history.
Am I the only one to be concerned?
I would love to hear how others feel about the situation and their situation in particular
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds

Featured Listings

France Network

Sign in with Facebook
You are here: Forum