Lost-in-France.com

Paying EDF online?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paying EDF online?

Paying EDF online? 5 years, 11 months ago #1

• cleevej
Bonjour,

We have recently bought a house in France, but still live the wrong side of the water,

has anybody had experience of paying edf on-line, as we have a bill to pay.

I have registered and followed the link that says pay on-line, (www.edf.fr) but cant work out where to progress from there?

many thanks

Re: Paying EDF online? 5 years, 11 months ago #2

• johnarm
If you go to the edf web site, you can create a ID and password for yourself to give you access to the client area(click the question  mark next to the box marked 'identifiant').  You will need the long account number from your bill to set this up.  Once done, you can go to 'espace client' and pay directly.  Bon chance

Re: Paying EDF online? 5 years, 11 months ago #3

• Frenchy
Bonjour,

Call EDF (number on the bill you received) and give them your bank details (R.I.B.), they will debit you automatically.  You can find your R.I.B. in your checkbook.  Keep a copy of it as it is asked for often in auto payments.

Trust me on this one,
Frenchy

Re: Paying EDF online? 5 years, 9 months ago #4

• ChapelGirl
Re phoning utility companies.

If you currently live outside France you might have trouble phoning because a lot of utility companies now use freephone numbers and these will not work from outside the country.  We had this with Orange for our landline. 

To set up internet access we needed to follow a link in an email.  The link did not work because the security settings on the site would not allow access from a foreign server.  The other alternative was to sign in using the customer account no., which was in the mailbox in France. The customer service phone number did not work. 

Eventually our landlord was able to plead emergency and get the postman to open our mailbox so he could get our customer number off the bill. Not ideal.

Signing in from a foreign server is fine, by the way.

Re: Paying EDF online? 5 years, 2 months ago #5

• mikeinfrance
I suggest you consider a French bank account. You could fund that directly or through a money transfer service and use it to pay all of your new house bills.

I found Credit Agricole in my area to be fine. I understand they have a BRITLINE account you could use to get English speaking support. I didn't bother just went to my local branch and opened an account there.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

Featured Listings

Les Trois Cheminees. B&B, Livarot. Les Trois Cheminees. B&B, Livarot.

Luxury B&B in the centre of livarot, all rooms are en suite with free WiFi, set in one of the first house's built in the village, around 1602.

Beautiful Holiday Accommodation in Saint Antonin Noble Val Beautiful Holiday Accommodation in Saint Antonin Noble Val

Saint Antonin Noble Val Owners Club the independent family run business for all your holiday home needs based in the town itself.

France Network

Sign in with Facebook
You are here: Forum